The jam I used for my uncles gift box was strawberry, but today I made Raspberry jam with Chia seeds.
It’s all RAW and only 3 easy steps
Here is what you need:
– 1 cup raspberries
– 1 tablespoon Chia Seeds (you can add more if you want)
– Stevia to taste (optional)
3 EASY STEPS:
- Blend raspberries in blender until liquefied
- Add contents of blender to a jar and then add the chia seeds and optional sweetener
- Mix everything together well, and let sit in refrigerator overnight
This is what it should look like after you have blended the raspberries and added the Chia seeds and optional sweetener.
That’s it! The next morning you should have a healthy, raw, all natural jelly/jam ready to be spread on your morning toast or eaten on its own! You can make this same jam with strawberries, blueberries and more!
You should have this thicker consistency the next day:
Why make this at home, and why raw?
Store bought jelly or jam is usually, well a sham! When you think of something made of pretty much just fruit. It’s supposed to be good for you right? Well not when the fruit has been cooked, second ingredient is sugar (or even worse, cornstarch!), has other additives/preservatives and has been sitting on a shelf for God knows how long. Here are some benefits of having berries on a regular basis:
– Great for your skin
– High in antioxidants
– Contain vitamin C
– Aids in weight loss
– They taste great!
Making this jam at home is also a great way to eat raw chia seeds which are an excellent source of OMEGA-3. So instead of spending your money on fish oil that are likely not even doing their job unless you take like 6-10 of those huge pills a day (read the instructions people)… just add more chia seed to your diet.
Here are some other ways of incorporating raw chia seeds to your diet:
– Add them to ANY soup, they are practically undetectable
– Make drinks (you can add them to any juice or smoothie or even an iced coffee and they only enhance the texture)
– Make a chia seed dessert:
- 1 cup Almond Milk
- 1-2 Tablespoons Chia Seed
- Cinnamon and Stevia to taste
Add the Chia seeds, cinnamon and stevia to the almond milk in a glass cup. Stir well, and leave the cup in the fridge for 15-20 mins for a sweet and healthy, jell-o like desert!